Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Wedding Reception






















So we decided to take a two and a half week old to an Indian Wedding reception... FOOLS you might say!!! Actually it went really well as Punam was able to dress up and look absolutely FABULOUS... and Jodh was able to support a nice little red turban that his Dadima was able to fashion for him.
Congratulations to Monica and Mohit!! We were really happy to be able to attend. Monica's brother Navi was very thoughtful to put us near an exit and far away from the speakers. I spent most of the time with Jodh in the lobby when the music started pounding... so that his mom could go cut some rug on the dance floor. (Don't feel sorry for me as Uncle JP and Uncle Paul were able to feed me a steady supply of Crown and Cokes). It was really great to see Punam up and and about so soon after having Jodh. She has been doing fantastic and I am learning how to parent from her direction. I figure if we can navigate a kid at an Indian wedding reception with a constant attack of Aunties fussing over him, loud talking and music, food that stains worse than #2's, and drunken Uncles giving me painful back slaps congratulating me... we can cross the Sahara Desert with the little goat...

No comments:

Post a Comment